David Dick, 36, was killed in an elevator in a Westfield car park in Melbourne. Investigators believe a sword-like ‘edged weapon’ was used to slash David Dick’s throat as he walked to work early on Friday morning.
Police have issued CCTV footage of a man they want to speak to after a tradesman was hacked to death in a Westfield shopping centre car park in Melbourne.
In the security video released by Victoria Police, a man is seen walking out of the car park in Doncaster and getting into an elevator while carrying a large, yellow bag.
Detectie Inspector Michael Hughes claimed the footage, taken the day before the murder, suggests that Mr Dick, 36, may have been the victim of a targeted attack.
Det Insp Hughes added that police had been handed more CCTV footage, this time showing the attack on Mr Dick at about 6am on Friday.
‘There is no known motive for the attack. It was vicious. [The attacker] watched him get into the lift and he struck him without warning before exiting the elevator,’ Det Insp Hughes said.
‘It was a vicious attack and David was never given the opportunity to defend himself.’
Det Insp Hughes added that the killer was injured in the ‘targeted attack’, possibly explaining a trail of blood that led out of the car park.
He said there would likely be a ‘connection’ between Mr Dick and his killer, but that police were still investigating.
‘You don’t spend time watching someone – this isn’t a random attack – this is a planned attack,’ he said.
Mr Dick, a concrete layer, had been walking through the shopping centre to catch a bus to work when he was killed.
He was found dying in the elevator by a fitness group on Friday morning. He appeared to have upper body injuries and streams of blood were seen coming from his neck.
A personal trainer heard ‘grunting’ noises coming from the lift before the doors opened to the sight of a man lying in a pool of his own blood.
‘It was horrific — I can’t even begin to explain what it’s like to see a human body that had been so severely hurt,’ the woman told the Herald Sun.
‘The guy wasn’t talking, he was unconscious. There was blood everywhere … it was a gruesome, gruesome find.’
Another witness told radio station 3AW: ‘There was a lot of blood in the elevator … probably slashing of throats, I don’t know.’
Despite the efforts of those who found him, Mr Dick could not be saved.
Read more on: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4198316/David-Dick-Westfield-car-park-Melbourne-murder-sword.html
- Cory Bernardi breaks silence, quits the Liberal Party in Senate speech
- Anti-Trump protesters tangle with police outside of the DeploraBall, DC
- Today, we can call him as ‘President Trump’
- U.S. vows stepped up fight on ISIS group
- Taylor Swift Plans To Retaliate Against Miley Cyrus For ‘SNL’ Diss
- Parkinson’s disease caused by ‘burnout’ of brain cells
- Napa wine train company issues apology: ‘We were 100% in the wrong’
- Typhoon Goni batters Japan with document 159 mile-per-hour winds
- BleuPage Pro Review: The Total Automation Social Media Management Tool
- Using Social Media: The First is stop thinking just about Facebook only!